If you’ve ever dreamed of a rewarding career in healthcare, you’re in the right place. Our website is dedicated to helping you find the perfect phlebotomy program that not only matches your career aspirations but also fits your budget.
Are you looking for in-person phlebotomy training classes in Mesa that offer hands-on training to hone your skills? Perhaps you prefer the flexibility of online classes that allow you to learn at your own pace. Or maybe you’re on a tight budget and want to explore free phlebotomy classes available in Mesa. No matter your preferences, we’ve got you covered.
But that’s not all! We understand that making an informed decision about your education is crucial. That’s why we provide comprehensive reviews of various phlebotomy programs in Mesa, giving you all the information you need to choose the one that’s right for you.
And it doesn’t stop there. We know that a fulfilling career is not just about passion; it’s also about financial stability. That’s why we offer valuable insights into local salary data for phlebotomists in Mesa. We believe that knowing your earning potential can help you make a well-informed decision about pursuing a phlebotomy career.
Maricopa Community College’s Phoenix College location offers a Phlebotomy Program that is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in the field of phlebotomy. The program is offered at several locations throughout the Maricopa County area and is designed to be completed in one semester. The program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) and is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
The program consists of 16 credit hours and includes courses in phlebotomy techniques, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and laboratory safety. Students will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through clinical rotations at local hospitals and clinics.
The Maricopa Community College Phlebotomy Program is a great option for students who are interested in pursuing a career in phlebotomy. The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in this field. The program is also accredited by NAACLS, which ensures that students receive a quality education that meets national standards.
|Cost||Contact the program for updated tuition fees.|
|Program Duration||Fast Track Certificate (2 semesters or less)|
|Class Schedules||Full-time and Part-time|
|Prerequisites||High School diploma or GED, CPR card, immunizations, drug screening, background check|
|Certification Eligibility||Yes (Upon satisfactory completion of the program)|
|Location||1202 W Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85013|
Arizona Medical Training Institute
The Arizona Medical Training Institute offers a Phlebotomy Technician Program that is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in the field of phlebotomy. The program is 220 hours long and includes a 120-hour classroom phase and 100-hour / 120 unaided collections externship at a CLIA approved clinical laboratory. The program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) and is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
The program includes courses in phlebotomy techniques, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and laboratory safety. Students will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through clinical rotations at local hospitals and clinics.
The Arizona Medical Training Institute Phlebotomy Program is a great option for students who are interested in pursuing a career in phlebotomy. The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in this field. The program is also accredited by NAACLS, which ensures that students receive a quality education that meets national standards.
|Cost||$950 (Including a $200 registration fee)|
|Program Duration||2 weeks (Daytime), 4 weekends (Weekend), 2 weeks (Evening)|
|Class Schedules||Daytime (Monday-Thursday 8am-1pm), Weekend (Saturday-Sunday 8am-1pm), Evening (Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm)|
|Prerequisites||Must be 18 years old, Sign the Enrollment Agreement with voluntary assumption of risk|
|Certification Eligibility||Yes (National Medca Phlebotomy Technician (PH1) Certification Exam is optional $149 after completing the course)|
|Location||1530 N Country Club Dr #11, Mesa, AZ 85201|
Sumner College offers an expedited Phlebotomy Technician program designed to launch your career in just 8 weeks. During this program, students acquire comprehensive training in blood collection, sample processing and transportation, reporting test results, and handling CLIA Waived lab testing. Moreover, phlebotomists play a crucial role in blood collection, both at mobile blood centers and dedicated donation centers, which can become especially important during health emergencies when blood donations surge.
Sumner College’s graduates have successfully secured positions in numerous reputable healthcare institutions, including Banner University Medical Center, Sonora Quest Laboratories, Steward Health Care, Mount Vista Medical Center, LabCorp, and many others. This track record demonstrates the program’s effectiveness in preparing students for rewarding careers in phlebotomy.
The Phlebotomy Technician program at Sumner College has a transparent cost structure. The registration fee is $50, and students are required to invest $200 in supplies. The tuition fee amounts to $3,100, resulting in a total program cost of $3,350. For students seeking financial assistance, Sumner College offers interest-free payment plans, private scholarships, and potential state funding through W.I.O.A.
Classes are held on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM, spanning four weeks of classroom and lab instruction, followed by a four-week externship. The entire program is completed in just 8 weeks, and classes start on a monthly basis, providing flexibility for aspiring phlebotomists to begin their training promptly.
|Cost||$3,350 (Registration Fee: $50, Supplies: $200, Tuition: $3,100)|
|Program Duration||8 weeks|
|Class Schedules||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM (4 weeks Class/Lab, 4 weeks Externship)|
|Prerequisites||Not specified, please contact the college for details|
|Certification Eligibility||Yes (Upon completing the program)|
|Location||205 E Southern Avenue, Mesa AZ 85210|
How to Find Free Phlebotomy Training in Mesa
If you’re looking to save some money when you sign up for phlebotomy classes here are some tips that can help you find reduced cost training or in some cases ways to get free phlebotomy classes.
- Explore Community Colleges: Consider enrolling in phlebotomy programs offered by local community colleges. They often offer more affordable tuition rates compared to private institutions.
- Financial Aid: Inquire about financial aid options such as grants, scholarships, or tuition assistance programs offered by the college or external organizations. Some scholarships specifically target healthcare students.
- Online Programs: Explore online phlebotomy programs, which might have lower tuition fees and eliminate the need for commuting costs.
- Work-Study Programs: Look for phlebotomy programs that offer work-study opportunities, allowing you to gain practical experience while offsetting your tuition expenses.
Finding Free Phlebotomy Classes:
- Government Workforce Programs: Check with local workforce development agencies or government programs like the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). They may offer free training programs for eligible individuals.
- Employer-Sponsored Training: Some healthcare facilities, like hospitals and clinics, offer free phlebotomy training in exchange for a commitment to work for them upon completion of the program.
Phlebotomist Salaries in Mesa
If you’re considering a career in phlebotomy and wondering about the potential earnings in Mesa, Arizona, you’re in the right place! Let’s dive into the numbers and see how phlebotomy salaries in Mesa compare to the national and state averages.
- The United States has a significant demand for phlebotomists, with approximately 135,500 professionals in this field.
- On average, phlebotomists across the country earn an hourly wage of $19.51, which translates to an annual salary of approximately $40,580.
- Arizona, like the rest of the country, also has a substantial need for phlebotomists, employing around 3,540 individuals in this role.
- Phlebotomists in Arizona earn a similar hourly wage of $19.47, resulting in an average annual salary of about $40,500.
- Now, let’s focus on Mesa, Arizona, where 3,190 phlebotomists contribute to the local healthcare workforce.
- In Mesa, the average hourly wage for phlebotomists is slightly higher at $19.57 per hour, leading to an annual salary of approximately $40,710.
As you can see, phlebotomy salaries in Mesa are quite competitive, even slightly surpassing both the national and state averages. This is excellent news for aspiring phlebotomists in Mesa, as it reflects a strong demand for their skills and a favorable compensation package.
Other Phlebotomy Classes in Arizona
There are other options for phlebotomy training in Arizona and you can learn more about major cities such as: